Sunday, November 1, 2009

visit to the zoo!

I realise that I haven't written for a while - life has been pretty hectic and I must admit that I've been feeling pretty exhausted. My belly has grown infinitely in the last fortnight and I'm finding it harder to keep up with Spencer, especially at all the playgrounds we visit! After a spectacular fall at playgroup last week (me, not Spence), I nursed a swollen knee for 5 days - I then realised I'm probably too pregnant to be clambering around on play equipment, and have vowed to keep my feet firmly on the ground from now on. We also dealt with a week of hives for Spencer which resulted in some fairly sleepless nights (I guess this is good practice for having another newborn!).

Spencer and I took our first visit to the zoo together last week - it was a special Playgroup Association sponsored day, and we made the most of the cheap entry fees. We went with our good friends Haley and Luca - Haley and I worked together before we both went on maternity leave, and Luca was born a 7 weeks before Spencer, so we have hung out a lot over the last 18 months which has been great.

We managed to last 2 1/2 hours, which I was fairly impressed with given the boys' ages and the heat (mid-thirties - yay!). The boys were impeccably behaved and really got a kick out of seeing the animals. I'm glad I waited until Spence was this age before taking him, as he is so perceptive now, and this was important given how many of the exhibits were hidden amongst trees and bushes. Unfortunately the boys crashed before we made it to the petting zoo, so next time we'll be heading straight there upon arrival!



Here we are, just about to enter the gates.


Spence pointing out the monkeys...


and checking out the ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment