Saturday, December 5, 2009

Alex Stillwell's 30th




Last Friday night I actually managed a night out past my usual bedtime of 9pm AND wore 3 inch heels for over 4 hours! It was all in honour of my very good friend Alex's 30th birthday. Unfortunately Tim had a work function so couldn't join me, but Caitlin and I were amongst the large number of revellers.

The big surprise of the night? Australian Idol contestant Toby Moulton's live performance in the Stillwell's conservatory! For those of you who are overseas, Toby was this year's Adelaide contestant who made it through to the final 4 before pulling out after deciding his calling was to remain a primary school teacher rather than a pop star - loved by many (predominantly of the female persuasion), Toby was an all-round nice-guy. Anyhoo, turns out that Alex was a massive fan, and so her Dad gave old Toby a call (found him in the White Pages!) the Wednesday night before the party and asked him if he'd come along and do a gig at the party! Amazingly, Toby accepted, and we were treated to his great voice and he even mingled with the fans throughout the evening!

Here's a photo just to prove he was there! (And yes, that's me squeezing myself into the same dress I wore to Mum's wedding only a month and a half ago ... boy have I grown in girth since then!).


No comments:

Post a Comment